Quotatis collects and uses the personal information that you submit online as described herein. Quotatis reserves the right to modify the terms of this policy at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon posting. Your continued use of, or registration with, Quotatis shall constitute your acceptance of these terms. If you do not agree to the terms of this policy, in whole or in part, you are not authorised to use the website and should terminate registration by following the opt-out instructions.
We are Quotatis Limited (trading as Quotatis, Quotatis UK) and our registered address is Suite 1, Joseph King House, Abbey Farm Commercial Park, Horsham St Faith, Norwich, Norfolk, NR10 3JU.
In order to contact us about any issues relating to data policies, please contact the Information Privacy Officer at email@example.com, or the postal address set out above.
Quotatis takes the privacy of its customers' data very seriously. Please read the following policy to understand how we will treat your personal data after it has been collected by us through your use of one of our distribution channels. Those distribution channels will include our website, our SMS and any other distribution channel or associated partner company we may introduce or be associated with from time to time. If this policy changes then we will let you know via our homepage but we assure you that we only use your data as specified here and for our legitimate business reasons.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT DATA?
We can collect data on you from a variety of different sources. These include:
- When you purchase products or services from the site or via any of our other distribution channels or associated partner companies,
- When you become a subscriber to our services or that of any of our associated partner companies,
- When you speak to our customer services personnel or that of any of our associated partner companies,
- Via explicit data capture measures, for example by entering competitions and completing surveys,
In any of the above cases the data we collect could be personal data.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION? :
- When you give us any personal data as indicated above or purchase any product or service provided by an associated partner company via the site, we may need to collect information about you to process the transaction, fulfill your order and provide you with the services you expect then and in the future. This information may include, but is not limited to, details such as your name, your address, your phone number and your credit card details.
You can see a list of our contractor/pro here.
- The information that we will collect about you includes: Your name, address, phone number and e-mail address. We will endeavour to keep your details as up-to-date as possible but appreciate your help by keeping us informed of any changes in your details. In order to ensure the data we hold on you is up to date and complete we may use third-parties to amend and append data. Should you find any inaccuracies, please let us know and we will correct or delete them promptly.
- Calls to Quotatis may be recorded for quality or training purposes.
- When you become a subscriber we will send you our e-mail e-newsletter and details of other special offers which we may think may be of interest to you. You may always opt-out of receiving these.
- When you subscribe to our SMS services we will send you by SMS. MMS, EMS or voice-message our m-newsletter and details of other special offers which we may think may be of interest to you. You may always opt-out of receiving these.
- We will always get your opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside the Quotatis group of companies for marketing purposes.
- Quotatis retains and uses your personal information to provide you with the best remote commerce (including electronic and mobile commerce) experience by providing you with a personalised service and to give you details of offers which we think will be of interest to you. We may also use the information to process any transactions you undertake with us and for internal administration and analysis. For quality assurance and training reasons we may record any of the calls you make to us.
- We will not sell, rent or trade your information to third parties for marketing purposes unless you expressly consent to us doing so and we feel you would benefit from these third party offers.
- We will retain your personal information for as long as required to fulfill the service, for accountability purposes and for as long as you interact with the Quotatis brand, this could be via reading, responding or engaging with emails/social post/website. Based on this your data may be retain indefinitely
- If you are concerned about the use of your personal data you should contact Quotatis directly on firstname.lastname@example.org in order to resolve the matter. If the situation is not resolved then you could contact ICO.
- You grant Quotatis and its customers a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable, worldwide license to use, store, display, reproduce, re-pin, modify, create derivative works, perform, and distribute your images upload to Quotatis (and partners sites) solely for the purposes of operating, developing, providing, marketing and using the Quotatis and third party Products. Nothing in these Terms shall restrict other legal rights Quotatis may have to images, for example under other licenses. We reserve the right to remove or modify Images for any reason, including Images that we believe violates these Terms or our policies.
HOW LONG WE KEEP IMAGES
- Following submission of images, or if you remove any images from Quotatis, we may retain images for a commercially reasonable period of time for backup, archival, or audit purposes. Furthermore, Quotatis and its users may retain and continue to use, store, display, reproduce, re-pin, modify, create derivative works, perform, and distribute any of your images that other users have stored or shared through Quotatis and/or third parties.
- We care about the security of our customers. While we work to protect the security of your content and details, Quotatis cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security measures. Please notify us immediately of any compromise or unauthorized use of your details.
WHAT IS OUR LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING?
- As explained above, if you submit our form, we'll pass your request to one or more relevant Service Providers (this can include Safestyle, British Gas and others as listed here). We will do this in a secure way. For example, using HTTP Secure (HTTPS), which means the data is encrypted. The Service Providers then contact you directly with your quotes. They may contact you by telephone, text/SMS or email.
Before we pass your request to any Service Providers, our service may involve an element of automated decision-making. Our technology platform may automatically assess your Product requirements based on the information you have provided us and pass your request to such Service Providers that would like to receive requests for Quotes at the time your request is made.
- We may process your data to manage our relationship with you, including notifying you about terms and conditions or privacy policies, and asking you to leave a review or take a survey. In this case our lawful basis for processing will be the compliance with a legal obligation, or as is necessary for our legitimate interests to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our services.
If you use our quote request service, then, as an existing user, we would like to email you, or send you text/SMS messages, about similar products and services for which we think you might like quotes or information ("Other Products"). Sometimes your mobile network provider may charge you for such SMS messages.
You will always be given an opportunity to opt out of such messages before we send them, and we will not send such messages if you have opted out.
- We may deliver relevant content and advertisements to you and make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you. In this case our legitimate basis for processing might be consent (where you have consented for us to do so) or a legitimate interest (to study how customers use our website and services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy.
- Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us.
- Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
- Session cookies: These are used to maintain something called session state. If you consider your journey through the site to be a conversation with us and this cookie just reminds the site where we were in that conversation (for instance if at some point in the conversation you asked us to add a product to your shopping basket, next time you click on the basket it is still there). These are required for the site to function but are not used in any way to identify you personally.
- Permanent cookies: These store a few numbers on your hard drive. You can view them by looking in the cookies directory of your browser installation if you are interested. They last for a long time and each time you come to our site you send us a copy of them. We use them to identify you between visits. For instance if you were looking at a specific product last time you were on the site and we subsequently have a related 'offer' which may interest you we may use this cookie to recognise you and show you our this offer. They are not required for the site to work but may enhance your experience. We do not store any personal data in these cookies, just a unique number that identifies you to us.
- Third Party Cookies: From time to time we carry advertising from third parties on our website. Occasionally they may send you a cookie. We have no control over these.
- Although you cannot block "session" cookies as they are required for our site to function correctly you can configure your internet browser so that it can reject both "permanent" and "third party" cookies. How you do this will depend upon the internet browser you use (for example, Internet Explorer 5, Netscape 4 or Opera etc) and it is therefore impractical for us to detail here how you can reject those cookies. Please refer to the relevant internet browser manufacturer's website where you should be able to receive all the information you need.
- Advertising cookies: they allow management of advertising included by third parties, such as Facebook and our advertising partners, in a web platform or our Services. These cookies are used to limit the frequency and organize how users receive these ads.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: they allow management of advertising included in a website, application, or platform. These cookies store information on user behavior that is obtained through continuous observation of their surfing habits, which allows profiling to display advertising that might be of interest to the user.
- In particular, Quotatis uses the following third party cookies to collect information with statistical purposes about your use of the web platform and to include advertising in our Services:
- Google Analytics of Google, Inc., is a company whose headquartered in 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States, which is used to provide statistics and analysis about the number of visits, their duration, your socio-demographic data (language, location, Internet supplier...), etc.
If you share our content through social media, for example by liking us on Facebook, following or tweeting about us on Twitter, or sharing on LinkedIn, those social networks will record that you have done so and may set a cookie for this purpose.
In some cases, where a page on our website includes content from a social network, such as a Twitter feed, or Facebook comments box, those services may set a cookie even where you do not click a button. As is the case for all cookies, we cannot access those set by social networks, just as those social networks cannot access cookies we set ourselves.
Our systems automatically gather some anonymous information about visitors, including IP addresses, browser type, language, and the times and dates of webpage visits. The data collected does not include personally identifiable information and is used, as described above, for statistical analysis, to understand user behaviour, and to administer the site.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING :
Ads appearing on the quotatis.co.uk website are delivered to you, on our behalf, by our associated partner companies. Information about your visit to this site, such as number of times you have viewed an ad (but not your name, address, or any other personal information), is used to serve ads. To opt out of third party advertising, visit the doubleclick website.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Quotatis only collects personal information which you provide in response to specific information requests on Quotatis. This information may include, among other things, name, address, phone number and email address. In addition, we may collect your IP address and other information through the use of electronic "cookies."
USE OF INFORMATION
DO NOT CALL REGISTRY COMPLIANCE
You fully understand that Quotatis are unable to match you with suitable contractors without passed your details to them so they can contact you. By registering with Quotatis through this website (and other Quotatis sites) you are consenting to receive phone calls from Quotatis and its business partners as permitted under do-not-call regulations and thereby registrants waive their right to file a claim with the FTC or any other agency in reference to these calls or contacts.
Quotatis registrants may opt-out of receiving further e-mail communications from Quotatis at any time by following the "unsubscribe" instructions in any Quotatis e-mail received by registrant. Please note that unsubscribing from the Quotatis email list does not automatically unsubscribe you from an email list of our affiliates, business partners, or other third parties. Please read the email carefully to find out which list you are unsubscribing from. You may opt-out of other direct contact from us, including, without limitation, contact by phone or communications via postal mail, by sending written email notice to email@example.com. Please note that it may take up to ten days to process your request. Your request to be removed from future communications applies only to communications directly from Quotatis. You should contact our affiliates, business partners, or other third parties directly for opt-out instructions.
Quotatis regularly monitors its website and databases for fraud, abuse, and unauthorised use of information to protect your personal information that is under our control.
In its sole discretion, Quotatis may transfer, sell or assign your personal information collected on and through this website to one or more third parties, as a result of the sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation of Quotatis.
The Privacy Notice posted on this site was updated on or about May 19, 2018.
In order to assist with the speedy processing of your enquiry Quotatis will contact you via the following methods:
- Automatic Call
By submitting your enquiry on the Quotatis site or from one of our partners you consent to be contacted using one or all of these methods to assist you with your request for home improvement quotes.
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have the right to:
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
No fee usually required. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
- The term "Quotatis" or "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the website. The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of Quotatis.
- The content of the pages of Quotatis is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on Quotatis for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on Quotatis is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through Quotatis meet your specific requirements.
- Quotatis contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in Quotatis, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of Quotatis may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time Quotatis may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to Quotatis from another website or document without Quotatis's prior written consent.
- Your use of Quotatis and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.